BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

That Was A River

It used to make me a little sad
When someone's child died
Usually because they were a friend
Or a relative
Usually an older child that had lived a little
Miscarriage wasn't talked about
It wasn't a subject discussed
No one talked about babies dying
Before they were born.
Little has changed over the years
It's still frowned upon to discuss
But why not acknowledge the life lost?
Why not mourn for that child?
Why must we as mothers be silent?
Even if I could,
I don't think I would go back.
My daughter taught me so much,
And so my son continues.
Losing them has opened my eyes
Yes, to a deep abiding pain
Yet, they have given me
A love I never knew was possible
I may not hold my children
I may never completely understand
But I will always be their mother.

0 comments: