BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1st Christmas

I wrote this the first Christmas after I lost my baby girl.


Dear Angel of Mine...
Christmas is almost here
I've got all the lights strung up
The mantle is laden with stockings
The trees gleam with ornaments
And here I sit, curled up on the couch
This would've been your first Christmas
You should be here in my arms
Cooing at the lights changing colors
Reaching for the glass ornaments
Pulling down the trees
Getting into presents
You should be fussing in church
Messing up your new holiday clothes
With milk and baby food
You should be here
You should be here with me
Falling asleep to my heartbeat
By the heat of this fire
Yes, the Father must've had
A better plan for you, my angel
Yet, the pain is still here
My heart, it still hurts...
Even as the carolers sing
And the angel's rejoice
My arms are empty this Christmas

0 comments: